Monday, June 4, 2007

Casserole Mitts Check

I've finished the Casserole Mitts.


And I've been working on dishcloths the first is done the second half done.


On the sewing Poquitos front, I decided to buy new fabric because I discovered that the swaddling blankets were not all cotton. I bought a two yards each of baby blue, white, yellow and red, with plans to have the white be the inside of the blue pants and the yellow inside of the orange. I bought two different sets of colors because I was planning to make some for N as well as Little T. But when I measured N to determine her size I discovered that she needs the same size as Little T so I'm going to make twice as many mediums as I previously planned. I've also decided to buy a snap press because it will save me lots of angst.


So far I've got the inners and outers of the blue pants cut out as well as the soaker pad. Next the batting needs to be cut, then assembly. I'm stalling a bit on them because I haven't even ordered the snap press yet ( there are tooooooo many choices of snaps and I can't decide). But, I need to hurry because the small Poquitos are really getting too small for Little T.


Projects I am planning are some shorties for N, more washcloths and, a soaker sack out of the Purewool (after I decide what colors to dye it).

No comments: